During this pandemic time of being apart, the Adult Forum is meeting on Wednesday evenings at 7 pm on Zoom. Please contact Pastor Matthias if you are interested in joining the discussion group.
The forum meets at 9 am each Sunday morning except on holiday weekends and in the summer. These insightful and relevant sessions focus on many modern day topics and use diverse resources. Anyone high school age or older is welcome to attend in the Parent’s Room, near the Manomin Street entry. Highlights of what the group has read (or watched) and discussed recently include;
- Currently reading Dusk, Night, Dawn by Anne Lamott
- Read and discussed The Parable of the Sower by Octavia E. Butler
- Read and discussed We Keep Us Safe by Zach Norris
- Watched an discussed the video series The Next Question
- Read and discussed the book Almost Everything; Notes on Hope by Anne Lamott
- Read and discussed the book Jesus Before Christianity by Albert Nolan.
- Study of the Eight Points of Progressive Christianity
- Waking Up White by Debbie Irving. Irving describes her mid-life realization of her white privilege. She revisits her own transformation and efforts to the unfair racial, cultural, and systemic ramifications of privilege.
- The TPT documentary OutNorth, the history of LGBTQI+ people and advocacy in Minnesota.
- The Listen Up!” Bible Study Series encouraged participants to read and discuss many books of the Bible in a 21st Century context. Most recently we studied the Book of Genesis.