With tender care for our planet and a (fierce) commitment to environmental justice, we share our acts as prayers, from tending our rain garden, sharing solar energy, and advocating with Congress for socially just, effective climate action.
Ongoing acts as prayers for Creation:
- Partnering with the Presbytery of the Twin Cities Area and collaborating with the Covenant Presbytery of Texas, our TX & MN overtures were approved by 2018 General Assembly of the Presbyterian Church (USA), calling on our million+ members to encourage Congressional action on climate.
- Conversations for creation care that deliberately seek common values with our neighbors and Representatives, partnering with Citizens’ Climate Lobby.
- Hosted outreach events including a showing of Chasing Ice and West Side resident and photographer Monica Bryand’s: “Birds Tell Us It’s Time to Act; Climate Endangered Birds of MN.”
- Added a Rain garden for local water care.
- Reduced energy use by 60% (light bulbs!).
- Dedicated the largest solar array on any MN church at that time (2012) , now meeting our electricity needs and sharing about 16MWh of energy each year.
“Water, no straw please.”
“I don’t need a bag, thank you.”
“Dear Congress, please act on climate.”